Tuesday, January 24, 2012


Today is the day that I finally admit to myself that I am a dog person. I’ve spent nearly my entire existence under the impression that cats are the superior animal, because my mom had always had felines circulating throughout our household. From the time I was born up until the present moment, we have always had at least three or more cats. However, upon my return home last week, I met our new dogs, Ruby and Dyna. I love them. They are goofy and playful and there for me when I need them, all the things I look for in a good friend. That’s what humans look for in pets, right? My dogs take nothing for granted, they are happy when I feed them, happy when I play with them, hell, they’re happy just to see me. It’s nice to have that feeling.
My mother always liked cats being they were independent, strong, and seemingly very intelligent. What good are those qualities though? 99% of the cats we’ve had were standoffish, almost rude in a way. I’ll take the gratitude and friendship that these dogs provide. They’re what I need in a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment