Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DRUNKEN RANT


What if nothing matters? What if every attempt I make to be a good person is futile? Should I just give it up and look out for myself? I’ve tried my hardest in recent months to put others first and stop being so selfish, but what does it matter? What if there isn’t a “bigger picture” where everyone comes together and everything makes sense? Should I stop being selfless?
I don’t think the lack of a “big picture” necessarily alleviates having to do good deeds. I thought about it, asked myself if I was doing to please a higher power (or anyone, for that matter). I’m not. I do good things because it’s the right thing to do. I do it because I’ve done wrong in the past and would like to learn from my mistakes. I do it because I just should, there’s no reason to justify doing good. I guess that answers my own question. I shouldn’t do this for any other reason besides it being the right thing to do, regardless of who may be paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment